Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Agility and Me

About 5 years back, I met this new thing called "Agile". New - not because it was fresh from oven and smelling fresh ...but because I was looking at it first time. And 5 years on, looked at it again and again and yet again, now I live it.

However today is the first time I am writing about it. I plan to do so more often as and when I read or understand more of it. So this first blog on Agility dedicated to myself for being an "Agile Individual"

My personal belief is that Agility is not a methodology ... but is the Behavior for an Individual and Culture for an Organization. I would write more on this some other day, but with this self-belief I look at every Agile methodology ... be in Scrum, Kanban, ScrumBan, TDD, ATDD, FDD, SF, Play Ball ... or for that matter XP.

After swimming in SCRUM world for a long time, I am getting acquainted to Poppendieck, and Cockburns and Shalloways and Andersons of Lean and Agile Community. Kanban, ATDD and Lean Agile interest me the most. SCRUM by experience and others by knowledge are far more better, capable and efficient methodologies as opposed to traditional Waterfall. Not to forget, it is Waterfall only that taught us how not to execute the projects ... so not too much criticism about it either.

Anyways, enough for a quick thing and will jump into more details of Agility in next blog ... so keep well till then ... and I promise, wont keep you waiting for long.

1 comment:

Manoj Wadhwa said...

Will surely wait for further updates on Agile. BTW, the introduction to Agile was too good. Thanks.